HOT JOBS PROFILE: Aviation Services
Aviation is the practical aspect or art of aeronautics; including the design, development, production, operation and use of aircraft, especially heavier-than-air aircraft.
Applicable Programs in the Area
Air Mechanics - Manufacturing
$20 – $30/hour (average entry level wage)
- Making parts for the loading systems in the planes, and making parts for the airplane repairs.
- Individually machining parts for the planes themselves, when a part goes bad or a specialty part needs to be made.
- Started in aviation in 1987. Went to college and got his license.
Air Mechanics - Maintenance
$25 – $35/hour (average entry level wage)
- Managing the production, the staff, and the parts in the maintenance department.
- Making sure all the repairs run smoothly, and everything that needs to be repaired is taken care of.
- Joined the Air Force, 20 year veteran.
- Continued to work on planes after the Air Force.
Air Mechanics - Training
$30 – $40/hour (average entry level wage)
- Training the employees on aircraft maintenance procedures, regulatory items, and more importantly how to complete their job to the best of their ability on the aircraft.
- Started in the Air Force.
- Continued to move up in Kalitta.