See what you still have to experience in Northeast Michigan!
See all the videos, one for each county by clicking here.
Northeast Michigan at a glance...
- 354 parks and campgrounds
- 966 miles of hiking, biking and ski trails
- 280 miles of horseback riding trails
- 1,253 miles of ORV and motorcycle trails
- 1,220 miles of snowmobile trails
- 200 water access points
- 233 known shipwrecks – glass bottom boat and dive charters are available
- 59 golf courses
- 16 lighthouses
- 1.6 million acres of State Forest or National Forest land
- 160,000 acres of lakes
- 4,000 miles of rivers
- Numerous locations for rental of canoes and kayaks.
- Elk viewing at Thunder Bay Resort.
- Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary – shipwreck viewing by snorkel, kayak, glass-bottom boat, or dive charter. World’s only freshwater shipwreck sanctuary.
- Sunrise Side Wine & Hops Trail
- Inland Waterway
- Ocqueoc Falls
- Historic Mill Creek