Coastal Marketing & Tourism
Enhance your business’s promotional materials with photos and images of Northeast Michigan’s coastal landscape accented by fabulous natural, historical, and cultural resources and attractions. Photos courtesy of Michigan Sea Grant.
See: Northeast Michigan Area Photos
Do you have a publication enhancing coastal resource interpretation or tourism development opportunities in Northeast Michigan? To have it reviewed and included on this website, contact us.
Northeast Michigan boasts many regional interpretive, way finding, and tourism marketing initiatives in support of coastal tourism. Coastal businesses can benefit greatly through involvement in these initiatives, both contributing to greater the greater regional community success of these initiatives and in promoting your individual business through these collaborations.
- US-23 Heritage Route
- Great Lakes Maritime Heritage Trail
- Huron Shores Blueways Water Trail
- Huron Greenways
- “Lights of Lake Huron” Lighthouse tour
- Travel Michigan - Pure Michigan Alpena Campaign
Tourism Market Research
- Scio-economic Study, (Northeast Michigan Integrated Assessment, 2009) (PDF)
- Positioning Michigan as a Maritime Heritage Destination, (Anderson/Clark, MDHAL, 2003) (PDF)
- 2006 National Survey of Fishing, Hunting, and Wildlife-Associated Recreation, Michigan (PDF)
Market Specific Resources
- Great Lakes Recreational Boating, (US Army Corps of Engineers) (PDF)
- Michigan Boating Industries Association
- Great Lakes Recreational Boating’s Economic Punch (Great Lakes Commission) (PDF)
- Boat US
Lake Huron Fisheries
- Marketing your Fishery in New and Different Ways, (Pistis, 2007) (PDF)
- Marketing our Changing Lake Huron Fishery (Schroeder, 2008) (PDF)
- Charter Fishing Industry - Great Lakes Sea Grant Network (PDF)