Who is Eligible?
Eligibility is Program Specific
- The program serves ONLY felony offenders, sentenced or charged. Misdemeanors are no longer served as the program is designed to reduce recidivism among felony offenders who are moderate to high-risk of re-offending.
The Defendant Must Be Court Ordered
- No history of assaultive behavior (defined as 2 or more assaultive offences in the past 5 years).
- Arrested for, convicted of, pled to, or sentenced for OUIL 3rd, controlled substances involving possession or delivery, a technical probation violation, property offenses, or traffic offenses related to substance abuse.
- Felons with applicable sentencing guidelines.
- Felons with applicable COMPAS Risk/Needs Assesssment scores of moderate to high-risk.
- Probation and parole violators.
Additional criteria for the incarcerated offender:
- Must be a model inmate.
- No behavior problems during incarceration.
- No medical problems that would prohibit or limit full participation in the community service work program.
- No out of county inmates are eligible.
- Minimum and medium security, low risk jail classification.