Who is Eligible?
Eligibility is Program Specific
- The program serves ONLY felony offenders, sentenced or charged. Misdemeanors are no longer served as the program is designed to reduce recidivism among felony offenders who are moderate to high-risk of re-offending.
The Defendant Must Be Court Ordered
- No history of assaultive behavior (defined as 2 or more assaultive offences in the past 5 years).
- Felons with applicable sentencing guidelines.
- Felons with applicable COMPAS Risk/Needs Assessment scores of moderate to high-risk in various risk categories.
- Felony probation violators.
- Defendants pending criminal case conclusion scoring moderate to high risk on the PRAXIS Risk Assessment.
Additional criteria for the incarcerated offender:
- Must be a model inmate.
- No behavior problems during incarceration.
- No medical problems that would prohibit or limit full participation in the community service work program.
- No out of county inmates are eligible.
- Minimum and medium security, low risk jail classification.