Deputy Director/Chief Planner
16 years of experience in planning, zoning, and GIS.
- Primary focus has been community planning, zoning, map design, GIS services, and tourism marketing.
- Grew up in northern Michigan and has spent all of her career working in the northeastern and northwestern Lower Peninsula.
- City of Albion Zoning Ordinance
- Village of Roscommon Master Plan and Zoning Ordinance
- City of West Branch Master Plan and Zoning Ordinance
- Beaver Creek Township Zoning Ordinance
- Hawes Township Zoning Ordinance
- South Branch Township Master Plan
- Grayling Township Zoning Ordinance
- Alpena Township Zoning Ordinance
- Albert Township Zoning Ordinance
- Wilber Township Zoning Ordinance
- Krakow Township Zoning Ordinance
- Frederic Township Zoning Ordinance
- Joint Land Use Study (Camp Grayling/Alpena CRTC)
- US 23 Heritage Route
- Grayling ICE grant administration
- MEDC RRC - Technical Assistance
- Up North Trails
Regional Program Development.
- Responsible for development of city, township and county master plans, recreation plans, and zoning ordinances.
- GIS and map design.
- Marketing the US 23 Heritage Route.
- Trail data maintenance
- Graphic Design.
- Oversees Planning Staff Programs
Michigan State University, Institute of Water Research
Certificate in Watershed Management, 2004
Penn State University
Certificate in Geographic Information Systems, 2001.
Southwest Missouri State University
Continuing Graduate Education - Environmental Assessment, 1997.
Indiana State University, Department of Geography, Geology, and Anthropology
M.A. in Physical Geography (Biogeography/Geology), 1997.
Western Michigan University, Department of Communications
B.A. in Broadcasting and Cable Productions, 1994.
Northwestern Michigan College
A.A. in Liberal Arts, 1992.
PROJECT EXPERIENCE AT NEMCOG:
- Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary: GIS services
- Montmorency County 911: GIS mapping
- Nonmotorized Trail Map Design
- US 23 Heritage Route Program
- Mackinaw City Zoning Ordinance
- AuSable Township Zoning Ordinance
- City of Alpena Zoning Ordinance
- City of Grayling Zoning Ordinance
- Village of Hillman Zoning Ordinance
- Rogers City Zoning Ordinance & Planning Assistance
- Emmet County Zoning Ordinance
- West Traverse Township Zoning Ordinance
- Alcona Township Zoning Ordinance
- Mikado Township Zoning Ordinance
- Wilson Township Zoning Ordinance & Planning Assistance
- Green Township Zoning Ordinance & Planning Assistance
- Long Rapids Township Planning Assistance
- Hawes Township Zoning Updates
- Haynes Township Zoning Ordinance
- Ossineke Township Zoning Ordinance
- Montmorency Township Zoning Updates
- City of Harrisville Zoning Ordinance
- Village of Lincoln/Gustin Township Joint Zoning Ordinance
- Curtis Township Zoning Review & Planning Assistance
- Gustin Township Zoning Review
- Millen Township Zoning Map
- Alpena Township Planning Assistance
- City of Alpena Comprehensive Plan
- City of Harrisville Master Plan
- Green Township Master Plan
- Wilson Township Master Plan
- Village of Lincoln Master Plan
- Village of Lincoln Recreation Plan
- Wilson Township Recreation Plan
- Sanborn Township Recreation Plan
- City of Alpena Recreation Plan
- Presque Isle County Recreation Plan
- Long Rapids Township Recreation Plan
- Alpena County Recreation Plan
- City of Harrisville Recreation Plan
- Rogers City Wellhead Protection
- Northeast Michigan Integrated Assessment
- Northeast Michigan Marketing Website
- Sunrise Coast Birding Trail Map
- AuSable Birding Trail Map
Zoning Administrator: Village of Bellaire.
Independent Grant Writing Contractor
Marketing Research Assistant: WWTV - WWUPTV 9 & 10 News
Environmental Education Consultant: SEE-North
Geography & Geology Lab Instructor: Indiana State University
Marketing Assistant and Circulation Manager: Kalamazoo County Chamber of Commerce
Michigan State University Citizen Planner Instructor
Certified CDBG Administrator
Michigan State University Citizen Planner Program Certificate
City of Alpena Planning Commission
Forest Home Township Parks and Recreation Commission