Thirty-two years of experience in community planning and forestry.
- Primary focus for the last twenty-seven years has been community, transportation, natural resource and regional planning.
- A priority action has been incorporating natural resource elements into the community planning process.
- Grew up in northern Michigan and has spent much of his career working in the northern Lower Peninsula.
- Planner for Community and Natural Resource Programs.
- Development of city, township and county master plans, community forestry plans, corridor studies, rural and regional transit plans, greenways and ecological corridor plans, watershed plans and resource stewardship plans.
- Community educational workshops and public meeting facilitation.
- GIS and Computer Mapping.
American Institute of Certified Planners, July 1996
University of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN
M.S. in Forest Resources, Specializing in Remote Sensing and Resource Inventories, 1982
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
B.S. in Forestry, 1980
PROJECT EXPERIENCE AT NEMCOG:
Misery Bay Initiative
Pickerel-Crooked Watershed Plan
Black River Watershed Plan
Alcona-Alpena County Coastal GIS Project
Cheboygan County Master Plan
Curtis Township Master Plan and Zoning Ordinance
Maple Forest Township Master Plan and Zoning Ordinance
Mikado Township Master Plan
Montmorency County Master Plan
Otsego County Master Plan
Presque Isle County Master Plan
South Branch Township Master Plan and Zoning Ordinance
Tri-Townships Master Plan (Alcona, Caledonia and Hawes Townships)
Hazard Mitigation Plans for all eight counties
Landowner Stewardship Plans
Fletcher Creek Watershed Flood Study
Long Lake Township Community Forestry Plan
M-32 Corridor Study
Alpena Area-wide Transportation Plan
Northeast Michigan Regional Transit Study
Emmet County Transportation Coordination Plan
Northeast Michigan Regional Solid Waste Management Plan
Montmorency County Addressing System
Presque Isle County Parcel Mapping
Grand Lake Watershed Plan
City of Alpena Comprehensive Plan
Bearinger Township Master Plan and Zoning Ordinance
Presque Isle County Green Infrastructure Plan
Crawford County Master Plan
Alpena Township Nature Preserve Management Plan
Huron Blueways Coastal Water Trail
Northeast Michigan Non-motorized Transportation Plan
Mitchell Township Master Plan and Zoning Ordinance
Planner and Resource Scientist: Mary Ann Heidemann & Associates/Wade-Trim, Inc.
District Forester: Wexford County Soil and Water Conservation District
Forestry and Remote Sensing Consultant: Peninsula Forestry Services
Natural Resource Specialist I - Forester: Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
Forestry Technician: U.S. Forest Service, La Croix Ranger District, Superior National Forest,
Graduate Research Assistant: University of Minnesota Remote Sensing Lab
Forestry Technician: Schoolcraft County Soil Conservation District
Michigan Transportation Asset Management Council
Bay Township Zoning Board of Appeals
Wexford County Planning and Zoning Commission
Northwest Michigan Resource Conservation and Development Council
Wexford County Solid Waste Management Planning Committee
Wexford County Board of Public Works
Wexford County Drain Commissioner
Girl Scout Leader