Home / Community / Recycling / Presque Isle County Recycling / What do I do with?
Presque Isle County: What do I do with?
Juice boxes, milk cartons and paper cups
- NO juice pouches or straws
Plastic bottles, jugs and jars, tubs, trays and cups
- Any 2.5 gallons or less
- Yes, plastic caps and lids, on their container are now recyclable
- NO styrofoam
- PUT BAGGED PLASTIC BAGS IN THE PAPER BIN
Metal cans, foil and trays, aluminum, steel and tin
- Metal lids, too
- NO aerosol cans or propane tanks
Glass bottles and jars
- All colors and clear
- NO light bulbs, window glass, or glass dishes
NO Non-container plastic, metal or glass
Paper, Boxes & Bags
Cardboard and paper bags
- Also OK to include: boxes from frozen and refrigerated foods; boxboard - like cereal boxes and paper towel cores
- Please flatten boxes
- NO Styrofoam
Newspapers, magazines, catalogs and books
- All OK: hardcover, paperback and phone books
- Also OK to include: envelopes and file folders and shredded paper. Please contain shredded paper in a plastic grocery bag.
Plastic grocery bags and bread bags
- STRETCHY, CLEAN AND DRY ONLY!
- BAG YOUR BAGS - stuff all of your plastic bags into one bag and tie it shut.
- Also OK to include: case wrap (as used on multipacks of water bottles, paper towel rolls), bubble wrap, plastic envelopes
- NO "crunchy" plastic film, i.e. chip/pretzel bags, cellophane