Labor Market Information
The Bureau of Labor Market Information and Strategic Initiatives has developed two products providing employers and workforce agencies a high-level overview and analysis of our region’s workforce. Below, please find a brief description of these reports and links to the publications.
Labor Market Information Supplements: Information and analysis on the topics of population and demographics, labor force, employment, and unemployment, commuting patterns, industry employment and job trends, occupational employment and wages, and occupational demand, both real-time and forecasted.
Real-Time Labor Demand Snapshots: Monthly releases designed to complement the Michigan Online Job Demand Analysis. The Conference Board Help Wanted OnLine® (HWOL) Data Series is used to provide a high-level overview of in-demand occupations, top advertising employers, education and training requirements, and the location of advertised vacancies for each of Michigan’s 10 Prosperity Regions.
Monthly Labor Market Analysis: Released by the State of Michigan Bureau of Labor Market Information and Strategic Initiatives (LMISI).
State Labor Market Information for Job Seekers and Employers
The following labor market reports contain state and regional information on industry and job demand for Michigan's job market:
- Occupational Employment Forecast for Northeast Lower Michigan (2010-2020)
- Regional Prosperity Initiative: Real-Time Labor Demand Snapshots for Northeast Michigan
- Labor Market News newsletter - analyzes economic conditions and contains other topics of special interest. Previous issues are also available.
- Michigan Industry Clusters - detailed information on Michigan's industries
- Michigan’s Hot 50 Jobs - tomorrow’s high-demand, high-wage careers
- Skilled Trades in Michigan - Employment and occupations for Michigan's skilled industrial trades, skilled construction trades and skilled service trades
- Michigan Job Market - One stop source for reliable information on recent employment trends, wages, detailed industries and jobs in demand. Includes economic information on Michigan's regions and counties.