Michigan Works! Job Seeker Services
Employment and Training Services for Job Seekers
- Search for Jobs on Pure Michigan Talent Connect
- Resume assistance and posting your resume on Pure Michigan Talent Connect
- Interviewing coaching and support
- Employment Preparation Workshops -free workshops at Michigan Works! Service Centers to help job seekers with their job search.
- Job search guidance and career exploration
- Career fairs and hiring events - a great way to get yourself in front of many different employers and put a face behind your application
- Financial aid options and career counseling for in-demand jobs
- Potential classroom and on-the-job training programs
- Strategies to improve your career and lifestyle
- Learn what occupations are growing, where job openings are, and the skills needed to do those jobs from area labor market information
- Job search related books and materials
- Networking with the community
- Information and referral for child care, homeless services, veterans services and more
- Free Resume Review
- Interview practice - call one of our Michigan Works! Service Centers to schedule an appointment to practice one-on-one for your next scheduled interview
- Individualized computer training - call one of our Michigan Works!Service Centers to schedule a one hour appointment focused on the basics of using a computer, customized for your needs
- Supportive and adaptive equipment/software for individuals with disabilities or barriers to employment
- Disability Resources
- Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Youth, Adult and Dislocated Worker
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) of 2014 - Youth, Adult and Dislocated Worker
- Partnership. Accountability. Training. Hope. (PATH)
- Food Assistance Employment & Training (FAE&T)
- Prisoner Reentry
- Rapid Response to assist laid off workers return to new employment in the event of a business layoff and/or plant closure
Please contact Michigan Works! Service Center staff to learn more about these specialized services, referral to partner agencies and training opportunities.
Your Michigan Works! Resource Room
Our Resource Rooms are continuously upgraded information and resource centers designed and equipped to accommodate the job/talent search needs of employers and job seekers. Available to Job Seekers of all ages, skill levels and backgrounds at no charge.
Available resources Include:
- Use of computer/fax/phone/printer (for job related activities)
- Learn how to job search using today’s technologies
- Job search websites, including Pure Michigan Talent Connect access
- Access specially trained staff for assistance
- Check out current local job listings on our job board
- Receive assessments and testing (fee may apply)
- Brush up on basic and foundational workplace skills with eLearning Modules
- O'Net Information System
- Labor market information
- Printed job search material
- Training materials
- Interview space by appointment
Programs for Job Seekers
- Adult Programs including assessment, career counseling, job search assistance, supportive services, and occupational skills training.
- Youth Services including many of the same services as adult programs, as well as career preparation, school to career transition, pre-employment and work maturity skills and support services, work experience, and remedial education.
- Training Programs and Readjustment Services for Dislocated Workers including rapid response, skills training, and basic readjustment services.
- WorkKeys testing in Applied Mathematics, Locating Information and Reading for Information to earn the National Career Readiness Certificate – a portable credential verifying workplace employability skills.
- Federally Administered Programs focusing on target populations such as Veterans, Native Americans, and Migrant Workers.
- Welfare Reform Programs help move individuals from welfare to economic self-sufficiency. Programs such as Work First, Food Assistance Employment and Training, and Non Cash Recipients, provide job search assistance and training and appropriate supportive services to Family Independence Program participants referred by the Family Independence Agency.
Pure Michigan Talent Connect (PMTC)
Pure Michigan Talent Connect (PMTC) is a site that offers job seekers a speedy, effective search for employment opportunities across the state. This electronic labor exchange service allows job seekers to enter their resumes into a database that employers can easily access and search through for qualified applicants. It also allows job seekers to access a database of employer's current job postings. Job seekers may search by geographic area, specific criteria, or both to find the ideal job. Local employers are encouraged to post their job openings on PMTC, and PMTC also pulls in jobs from other online job boards, making it a great one-stop job search site.